This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Hazelnut Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Pareve or Dairy
- 3 to 4 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup toasted, ground hazelnuts
- ½ cup cream or nondairy substitute
- ⅓ cup sour cream or nondairy substitute
- ⅓ cup apple cider
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two.
- Mash the potatoes until smooth, then stir in the hazelnuts,cream, sour cream, and apple cider.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.