The crust for this quiche can be put together, baked, and cooled the day before and each ingredient placed in separate containers, so you are ready to assemble in the morning.
- 1 (24-oz.) package frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Jack cheese
- 1 cup smoked whitefish, flaked
- ½ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease a 9-inch pie pan.
- Press the hash browns into pan to form pie crust.
- Brush with melted butter or pour butter very slowly around edges and bottom.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Fill crust with cheeses and smoked fish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and seasoned salt.
- Pour the egg mixture into the precooked crust and bake 30 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.