From The Great Hadassah Cookbook, Edmonton,
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Vanilla or lemon extract
- In a bowl of an electric mixer combine the butter and sugar.
- Mix to combine and then add the egg. Mix to combine and set it aside.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and then add a little to the creamed sugar mixture.
- Alternate the milk, and the remaining flour. Add the extract and mix to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375. Roll dough out 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into rounds, spoon your filling into the center and form into triangles
- Bake 15 to 30 minutes until delicately browned.