- 1 (1 lb.) loaf focaccia bread
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small yellow squash, cut horizontally into ⅜-inch thick slices
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced red bell peppers
- ½ cup crumbled Feta cheese (optional)
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, minced garlic, and lemon juice. Set the sauce aside in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Brush vegetables with olive oil on each side. Then brush the grill grate with oil.
- Place the bell pepper and zucchini pieces closest to the middle of the grill, and set onion and squash pieces around them. Cook for about 3 minutes, turn, and cook for another 3 minutes (the pepper may take a bit longer). Remove the vegetables from grill, and set them aside.
- While the vegetables are cooking, cut the focaccia into 8 slices. Spread garlic sauce evenly over top, and sprinkle with Feta cheese (if you are using cheese).
- Wrap the bread in foil and place it on the grill for about 2 to 3 minutes. Watch carefully so the bottom doesn’t burn. This will warm the bread, and slightly melt the cheese.
- Remove the bread from the grill, and layer the grilled vegetables between two pieces of warmed bread.