- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 3 zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 12 oz. halved mushrooms
- Whisk the vinegar and oil. Add the thyme and oregano, whisk to combine, and set aside.
- Cut each bell pepper into 12-inch-wide pieces, cut the zucchini into 12 half-inch slices, and cut the onion into 12 pieces.
- Thread the vegetables, alternately, on 4 large skewers.
- Marinate the kabobs in the oil and vinegar mixture for 15 minutes.
- Grill the kabobs over medium heat or until the vegetables are tender and slightly browned, turning them once.
- Shiitake mushrooms may be used after a thorough washing.
- Oyster mushrooms should be broken apart in several places. Pay careful attention to the base where small red worms can be found. Thoroughly examine all the inner sections. If insects are found, the mushroom must be discarded.
- Portobello mushrooms:
- Remove stem from mushroom cap.
- Examine the detached stem for any sign of worms.
- Taking hold of the mushroom cap, scoop out the entire brown fan-like under-part of mushroom.
- Wash thoroughly.