Green Beans and Peppers
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 lb. green beans
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Zest of 1 orange
- Salt and pepper
- Cook green beans and set aside.
- Slice peppers into strips. Halve onion and slice thin.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add cooked green beans plus peppers, onion, and garlic. Cook slowly, stirring, until peppers are crisp-tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add orange zest plus salt and pepper to taste.