- 2 pita breads
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 thinly sliced red onion rings
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 12 black olives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Freshly chopped oregano [optional]
- Open pita bread pockets.
- In a small bowl, mix together oil and crushed garlic. Brush each pita bread with oil/garlic mixture.
- Stuff pita with 2 to 3 tomato slices. Garnish each pita bread with 3 red onion rings and half of feta cheese.
- Add remaining feta cheese, artichoke slices, and black olives, Add salt and pepper to taste
- Just before serving, sprinkle sandwiches with chopped oregano (optional)
If prepared ahead of time, wrap sandwiches into plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 hours. Remove from refrigerator approximately 20 minutes before serving.