Greek Green Beans and Tomatoes
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 lb. green beans
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ cup peeled, seeded, and diced tomato
- 1 Tablespoon tomato puree (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Trim green beans, cut into 2-inch lengths, and blanch; set aside.
- Chop or thinly slice the onion.
- Bring the vegetable stock to a boil in a large saute pan. Add the onion and simmer, covered, until tender and translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, oregano, tomato, and optional tomato puree and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add the green beans and simmer until tender and some of the sauce is absorbed, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve with lemon wedges.