Great American Brownie Cherry Pie
Hershey's Kitchens |
Pareve or Dairy
- ⅓ cup chopped maraschino cherries, well drained
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- ⅔ cup flour
- ⅓ cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S Dutch Processed Cocoa
- ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup coarsely chopped slivered almonds
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips
- Frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- Maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour 9-inch round glass pie plate.
- Lightly press cherries between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, corn syrup and almond extract until blended. Add flour, cocoa and baking powder; beat until combined. Stir in reserved chopped cherries, almonds and white chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cover; refrigerate until serving time.
- Garnish with whipped topping and cherries.
- Cover; refrigerate leftover pie.