- 1 chicken (about 3 lbs.) or 1 cut-up chicken
- 1 onion
- 1 large carrot
- 1 rib celery
- Fresh dill and parsley
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 2 quarts water
- Place chicken in large pot with water. Add onion, carrot and celery cut in small pieces, or whole - if you want to remove vegetables from cooked soup.
- Tie a few sprigs of dill and parsley together with white thread or string and add to pot.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 2 hours.
- Remove chicken (may be used for chicken salad), parsley and dill.
Serve hot with matza balls, Pesach noodles or egg “noodles”