This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Garlic & Onion Baked Potatoes
Cathy and Jerry Martal |
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 large baking potatoes (2½ lbs.)
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ lb. (8 oz.) processed cheese cut up, divided
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a fork, prick the potatoes in several places to allow the steam to escape. Bake the potatoes for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, saute the garlic and onion in the olive oil and butter until it is soft and lightly golden. Remove from heat and set aside. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Cut small slice off both ends of each potato. Cut potatoes crosswise in half. Scoop out centers, leaving 1/8-inch-thick shells.
- Place the potato flesh in medium bowl and mash it.
- Place the cooked garlic and onion in the bowl with the mashed potatoes. Add the sour cream, three-fourths of the processed cheese and the Parmesan cheese; beat until fluffy.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the potato shells, mounding.
- Use all the filling. Place the filled potatoes in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then top with the remaining processed cheese. Bake an additional 5 min. or until processed cheese is melted.