This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Garlic Cinnamon Chicken
Eileen Goltz |
- 3 to 4 lbs. cut up chicken (thighs and breasts work best)
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 to 3 onions
- 8 to10 garlic cloves
- 5 to 6 potatoes
- 2 to 3 sweet potatoes
- 5 to 6 carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 4 to 5 stalks celery
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons oil
- ½ cup white wine
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a bowl combine the cinnamon, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and salt.
- Season the chicken pieces with the mixture on all sides and under the skin.
- Place the chicken in a resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut onion into quarters and halve garlic cloves. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1/8ths. Cut potatoes into quarters. Cut carrots into 1-inch chunks. Cut parsnip into pieces, and cut celery into chunks.
- Place the garlic, potatoes, parsnips, carrots and celery in the bottom of a roasting pan or Dutch oven and toss the remaining seasoning with the vegetables and oil.
The vegetables should cover the bottom of the pan and fill up about at least 1/3 to 1/2 of the pan.
- Arrange the chicken on top of vegetables, pour the wine over the top of the chicken, cover and cook 20 minutes at 400°F.
- Reduce the temperature to 325°F and roast for an additional 35 to 45 minutes. Remove the lid for the last 10 to 15 minutes.