3 to 4 lbs cut up chicken (thighs and breasts work best)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon kosher salt
2 to 3 onions cut into quarters
8 to10 garlic cloves cut in half
5 to 6 potatoes cut into quarters
2 to 3 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/8’s
5 to 6 carrots cut into 1 inch chunks
2 parsnips cut into pieces
4 to 5 stalks celery cut into chunks
1 to 2 tablespoons oil
1/2 cup white wine
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a bowl combine the cinnamon, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and salt.
3. Season the chicken pieces with the mixture on all sides and under the skin.
4. Place the chicken in a resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
5. Place the garlic, potatoes, parsnips, carrots and celery in the bottom of a roasting pan or Dutch oven and toss the remaining seasoning with the vegetables and oil. The vegetables should cover the bottom of the pan and fill up about at least 1/3 to 1/2 of the pan.
6. Arrange the chicken on top of vegetables, pour the wine over the top of the chicken, cover and cook 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
7. Reduce the temperature to 325 and roast for an additional 35 to 45 minutes. Remove the lid for the last 10 to 15 minutes.
Serves 6 to 8