Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken, cut up (3½ to 4 lbs.) or about 6 boneless skinless breasts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ⅔ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon-lime soda (diet is fine)
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken in a large Ziploc bag. Combine remaining ingredients, pour into bag and seal. Shake several times to coat the chicken.
- Refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- Transfer chicken and marinade to a large skillet, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes or until juices run clear.