OK, this is not for the traditionally slaw lovers but it’s a fantastic summer salad
- 1 (8-oz.) can crushed pineapples
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 (11-oz.) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 (8-oz.) carton orange-flavored yogurt OR
1 cup non-dairy whipped topping plus 1 teaspoon frozen orange concentrate
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons of the syrup.
- Combine the reserved syrup with the lemon juice and then toss the banana slices with 1 Tablespoon of the juice mixture; setting aside the remaining juice.
- In a large bowl combine the pineapple, banana, cabbage, celery, oranges, nuts and raisins.
- In another bowl combine the reserved juice mixture with the yogurt (or topping mixture and orange juice concentrate) and salt to taste.
- Add the dressing to cabbage and fruit mixture; toss gently to coat and then cover and chill the mixture for at least 1 hour.