It’s not a shake and it’s not a smoothie. It’s got an amazing taste, and it’s my family’s newest favorite drink.
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 3 cups cubed watermelons (without seeds) or other melon
- 1½ cups ice cubes
- juice of ½ lemon plus grated rind
- 1 cup strong brewed cherry or raspberry tea, cooled
- Heat the sugar and water, stirring constantly, until the sugar melts. Set aside to cool.
- Put all the remaining ingredients, including the dissolved sugar syrup, in a blender and blend just long enough to achieve that icy-mush quality.
- Serve immediately, in tall frosty glasses.