These frozen knaidlach are a soup enhancer which can be made in advance – a great time-saver.
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 cup matza meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Beat eggs with water, oil and seasonings. Add matza meal and mix well.
- Spray plastic ice-cube trays with cooking spray or oil lightly. Fill each section with some of the mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap or freeze.
- When ready to use, loosen each cube with knife point and pop out. You may need to put tray in pan of warm water for a few minutes to loosen cubes. Do not thaw.
- Drip into boiling water or soup, cover and cook 25 minutes.