A wonderfully refreshing breakfast sandwich that is also a great afternoon treat on a hot summer day.
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 2 large oranges, peeled, sectioned, and coarsely chopped
- 2 large apples, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups green grapes
- 1 cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 12 pita bread rounds, halved
- 1 (8-oz.) container vanilla yogurt (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- In a bowl combine the orange juice, oranges, apples, grapes, cantaloupe, strawberries and blueberries. Mix to combine.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of fruit mixture into each pita half with a slotted spoon.
- Top each evenly with yogurt; sprinkle with brown sugar and almonds.