French Toast Bread Pudding Brunch
Eileen Goltz |
- 5 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 8 (1-inch) slices
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 Tablespoon rum
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Cinnamon sugar mixture
- In a bowl combine the eggs with milk and baking powder. Whisk to combine. Add vanilla extract.
- Soak bread in mixture for several hours or overnight, turning once so that both sides are covered. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Soak raisins in 1 Tablespoon rum for 15 minutes (warm water may be substituted). Discard rum. Sprinkle raisins with enough Cinnamon Sugar to lightly coat.
- Butter a 13x9 inch baking pan. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly across bottom of pan. Sprinkle raisins on top of brown sugar.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place the soaked bread over brown sugar and pour any remaining egg mixture over the top. Sprinkle the top with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares and serve with maple syrup.