This recipe is kosher for Passover.
A Taste of Pesach |
- 6 large Idaho potatoes
- 1 onion
- 4 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 lb. boneless flanken, cut into chunks
- Using a food processor fitted with the fine grater blade or the S-blade, shred potatoes and onion.
- Transfer to large bowl. Add eggs, salt, and pepper. Mix until smooth.
- Pour oil to make a thin layer on the bottom of a 9x13” pan. Pour half of potato mixture into pan. Layer with flanken and remaining potato mixture.
- Baking Options:
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Bake 2 hours, uncovered.
- Preheat oven to 500°F and bake for 30 minutes, uncovered. Lower oven to 200°F. Set a pan of water on rack underneath kugel to keep moist. Cover kugel well and bake overnight.
- Layer potatoes and meat in a slow cooker; bake on HIGH for 4-5 hours, and then reduce to LOW; cook several additional hours until ready to serve.