This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Farfel Stuffing For Poultry
Courtesy of Women's Branch of the Orthodox Union | Pareve
- 4 cups matzah farfel
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- ½ cup oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Sauté onion in oil until light brown.
- Put farfel in a bowl and add water. Let stand a few minutes to absorb water.
- Mix in egg, onions and oil. Add salt and pepper.
- Stuff cavity of chicken or turkey and roast. Preferably, put the stuffing in a greased casserole, cover with foil, and bake separately for about 1 hour at same temperature as chicken.
- As the chicken roasts, spoon some of the liquid over the stuffing as it bakes.
- Leave uncovered the last 15 minutes.