This recipe is kosher for Passover.
EZ Apples, Onions, and Duck
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 duck, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 large apples, cored and sliced
- 2 large onions, peeled and sliced
- ⅓ to ½ cup sweet white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a baking dish, place the onions and apples.
- Put duck halves on top of onions and apples, breast side up.
- Cover and bake at 325°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until duck is tender depending on size of duck.
- During the last 15 minutes of cooking time, remove the foil and baste with wine.
- When done, remove the duck from the oven and turn the heat up to broil.
- Place the duck under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes or until duck is golden brown.