English Cheddar Cheese Scones
Eileen Goltz | Dairy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 Tablespoons butter at room temperature, cut into small pieces
- 3 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and dry mustard.
- Using a fork cut in the butter. Add the cheese, stirring just enough to incorporate.
- In another bowl beat together the egg and milk and add it to the flour mixture, stirring as little as possible.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and pat down to a thickness of about 1 1/2 inches.
- Cut the dough into 2-inch rounds and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated for 13 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.