This seasoning is also great on chicken, lamb and beef.
- 3 Tablespoons salt
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 1½ Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2¼ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1½ teaspoons dried basil
- Assorted vegetables (e.g. zucchini, bell peppers, red onions, & large mushrooms)
- Olive oil
- Combine all the ingredients except the oil and vegetables in the bowl of a processor. Blend 15 seconds.
- Transfer to small glass jar; cover tightly.
(Spice mixture can be prepared up 2 weeks ahead. Store in refrigerator.)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
- Cut all vegetables into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Brush with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with spice mixture.
- Grill until just cooked through, turning occasionally, about 8 minutes.