Dairy Eggplant-Tuna Casserole
- 2 (6 oz.) cans tuna
- ½ cup oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small or 1 large eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1 (1 lb) can tomatoes or 4 fresh tomatoes, diced
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup grated cheese
- Heat oil in large frying pan. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add eggplant tomatoes, salt and pepper. Mix well, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Spray 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray and spread tuna over bottom. Put eggplant mixture on top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.