This is a winter salad but can be made ahead of time and taken with on a trip.
- 8 prunes pitted prunes
- ¼ cup dried apricots
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 large orange, peeled, sectioned, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- ½ cup orange juice
- 3 Tablespoons orange marmalade
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Combine prunes, apricots, apple juice, cinnamon stick, and cloves in saucepan. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and let soak overnight in refrigerator.
- Remove the dried fruit and divide the prunes, apricots, banana, orange and apple among 4 dishes.
- Strain apple juice and add orange juice and orange marmalade.
- Mix together and pour over fruit.
- Top with chopped pecans.