- 1 cup mango, chopped
- 2 cups pareve chicken broth (or real chicken broth if using a nondairy creamer)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup of cream (or nondairy creamer if you're using real chicken broth)
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor or blender puree the mango with stock and lemon juice until the mixture is smooth. Pour the soup into a saucepan and add the curry powder.
- Heat over a low heat until the soup is hot (do not allow to boil).
- Add the cream, garnish with croutons.
- You can serve this soup cold if you prefer. Just add the curry powder and cream to the soup after you process the broth, mango and lemon juice. Chill and serve cold with croutons.
There is no need to cook the soup if you are serving it cold.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled.