Cucumber and Pineapple Salad
Eileen Goltz |
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peeled, cored fresh pineapple cut into ⅓ inch pieces
- 1 cucumber, peeled, sliced thinly
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- ⅓ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 2 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Salad greens
- In a large sauce pan combine the sugar, rice wine vinegar and water. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly until mixture is reduced to about 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and place into refrigerator.
- Add the pineapple pieces after mixture is chilled. Cover and return to refrigerator for one hour.
- After the pineapple has marinated for an hour add the cucumber, carrot and red onion. Mix to combine.
- To serve, top individual salad plates with salad greens and then spoon the salad on top.
- Sprinkle the salad with the toasted sesame seeds and serve.