This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Crustless Spinach and Tomato Quiche
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1½ cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch pie pan and set it aside.
- Press all the water out of the thawed spinach.
- In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, spinach, eggs, oil, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour half of the mixture into a lightly-greased 9-inch pie plate.
- Arrange tomato slices over spinach and cover with the remaining spinach mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.