Crunchy Chinese Turkey Salad
Eileen Goltz | Meat
- 1 large head Napa cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, cut into matchstick pieces (I like the pre cut variety)
- 5 green onions, diced
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup margarine
- 2 packages ramen noodles (discard soup flavoring)
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- In a large bowl place the cabbage, carrots, olives and green onions and mix to combine. Set the mixture aside.
- Melt the margarine in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Break noodles in small pieces. Place the noodles, sesame seeds and almonds in the pan and cook, stirring constantly until they are lightly brown. Remove the noodles and seeds from the pan immediately and place them on paper towels to cool and drain.
- In a microwavable bowl combine the oil, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar. Microwave for about 3 to 5 minutes to dissolve the sugar. Let cool (about 20 minutes) before dressing the salad. The dressing can be made a day ahead of time.
- Add the dressing just before serving and toss to combine.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled.