- ½ cup diced onions
- 1 to 1½ lbs. chicken pieces
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ⅔ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup 7up or other lemon-lime soda
- 2-3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place the chicken and onion in the crock pot/slow cooker.
- In a bowl combine the brown sugar, vinegar, 7up, garlic, pepper, soy sauce, and pepper. Mix to combine and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
This recipe can be doubled