This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Crock Pot Chicken Italiani
Eileen Goltz |
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package white button mushrooms
- ⅓ to ½ cup Italian dressing
- 1 can diced Italian style tomatoes (do not drain)
- Red pepper flakes (use a little or a lot depending on how spicy you like things)
- Arrange chicken breasts in single layer on bottom of crock pot. Chop mushrooms into quarters and place over chicken.
- Pour Italian dressing and tomatoes (including juice) over chicken and mushrooms.
- Crush red pepper flake by hand and sprinkle over the top.
- Put lid on crock pot (slow cooker) and turn to low. Cook 6 to 8 hours depending on thickness of chicken breast.
- Shiitake mushrooms may be used after a thorough washing.
- Oyster mushrooms should be broken apart in several places. Pay careful attention to the base where small red worms can be found. Thoroughly examine all the inner sections. If insects are found, the mushroom must be discarded.
- Portobello mushrooms:
- Remove stem from mushroom cap.
- Examine the detached stem for any sign of worms.
- Taking hold of the mushroom cap, scoop out the entire brown fan-like under-part of mushroom.
- Wash thoroughly.