- 8 corn bread muffins, broken into pieces
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup margarine
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chicken broth (you can use vegetable broth)
- *2 eggs, (optional if you are making dressing and not stuffing)
- In a bowl combine the cranberries with the sugar and maple syrup and set aside.
- In a skillet saute the onions and celery in the margarine until the vegetables are soft but not mushy, about 7 minutes.
- Cool slightly and add the vegetables to the cranberries.
- Add the broken muffins, almonds and chicken broth. Mix well.
You can either stuff a turkey or chicken or add 2 eggs and bake in a greased 9×13 pan. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes