- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 package (10 oz.) couscous (Moroccan pasta)
- ⅓ cup dried tart cherries
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 ripe medium nectarines, diced
- 4 oz. smoked turkey breast (in 1 piece), cut into ¼-inch pieces
- Boston lettuce leaves
- In a 3-quart saucepan, heat cumin over medium-high heat until it becomes fragrant, about 1 to 3 minutes.
- In saucepan with cumin, prepare couscous as the package directs, adding cherries but no salt or butter.
- In large bowl, with wire whisk or fork, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, salt, and pepper until dressing is blended.
- Combine the warm couscous mixture with the diced nectarines and turkey. Mix to combine the ingredients and then pour the dressing over the top. Mix to combine.
- Spoon couscous onto large platter lined with Boston lettuce leaves.