This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Cottage Cheese/Eggplant Casserole
Courtesy of Women's Branch of the Orthodox Union | Dairy
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 1 onion
- 1 small eggplant
- ½ green pepper
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 lb. cottage cheese
- 1½ cups farfel
- Cut up onion and sauté in oil in frying pan.
- Peel eggplant and cut in ½ inch cubes.
- Add eggplant, green pepper, tomato sauce, salt and pepper to pan with onion. Cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Cut up tomato and stir in.
- In greased casserole alternate layers of vegetables, cottage cheese and farfel, beginning and ending with vegetables.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 20 minutes.