This is a colorful salad that could be served any time of the year, but would look especially nice with grilled or barbecued chicken.
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup mild onions, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar or other mild vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the corn, beans, tomatoes, onions and cilantro in a bowl and set it aside.
- In another bowl combine the lime juice, vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the corn mixture and toss well. Let the mixture sit at least 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Check the seasoning before serving