This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Courtesy of Women's Branch of the Orthodox Union | Pareve
- 1 small head cabbage
- 2 carrots
- ½ small onion
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup vinegar or lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon pepper
- Shred cabbage, carrots and onion in food processor or grater.
- In large bowl combine cabbage, carrots onion, garlic, sugar and salt.
- Cover with plastic wrap and weigh down with a large can or bottle. Let stand 1 hour.
- Pour off any liquid.
- In small bowl mix oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add to cabbage mixture, stir well and chill.