- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onion, sliced
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 2 Tablespoon parsley
- 2 Tablespoon slivered almonds
- In a bowl combine the lemon juice, wine, oil, oregano, and garlic salt. Set aside 1/4 cup.
- Pour the remaining marinade into a plastic bag in a bowl; add the chicken or fish. Close bag; chill for 1 hour, turning once.
- For the salsa, combine the reserved marinade, tomato, green onion, olives and parsley, Cover; chill till serving time.
- Drain chicken or fish, reserving marinade. Grill till chicken is tender and fish is flaky, turning and brushing often with the marinade. Just before serving add the almonds to the salsa and serve the salsa with the chicken or fish.
This recipe makes 1 cup marinade and 1½ to 2 cups of salsa. It can be doubled or tripled.