A sweet and citrusy marinade makes this dish moist and tender.
- 1 to 1½ lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1½ teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons oil
- In a small bowl mix together the dressing, honey and lime juice.
- Cut chicken into thin strips and place in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Pour mixture over chicken, covering all.
- Cover dish and refrigerate to marinate for 1 hour. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding any remaining marinade.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and saute chicken strips until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the peppers and onion and cook an additional 4 minutes and serve.