The cilantro gives this hummus recipe a really interesting flavor.
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup low-fat plain yogurt
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1½ Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (7-inch) pita loaves with pockets, split horizontally
- olive oil
- In a food processor puree the chickpeas with the yogurt, cilantro, garlic, lemon juice, water, and salt until smooth.
- Lightly brush the grill pan or grill with oil.
- When the grill pan is hot (you can hold your hand 5 inches above it for 1 to 2 seconds), grill pitas on lightly oiled grill or grill rack, uncovered, turning once, until golden, about 2 minutes total.=
- Serve the dip with pitas and cut vegetables.