- ⅛ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cucumbers, sliced, peeled and seeded
- 1 Mango, pitted, peeled, and coarsely chopped
- 1½ cups cabbage, sliced crosswise
- ½ head romaine lettuce
- In a small bowl combine the lime juice, honey, vinegar and garlic. Whisk about 3 times.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil and continue to whisk until blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
(You can make the dressing ahead of time)
- In a salad bowl, add cucumbers, mangoes, cabbage, lettuce, and dressing.
- Toss salad ingredients with dressing and serve.
For a picnic, put the cucumbers, mango, cabbage, and lettuce in a large sealable storage bag. At the picnic add the dressing to the cucumber mixture and toss. Take from bag and put in paper salad bowls and enjoy.