This recipe is a fun way to portion out cake mix into individual servings much like cupcakes, but with a much quicker bake time.
- ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of softened butter or margarine
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- In a bowl whisk together the cocoa and boiling water. Allow to cool to room temperature before using.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add 2 large eggs to the butter mixture, stirring between each egg to combine thoroughly.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the cocoa water mixture to the butter mixture, stirring until just mixed.
- Batter may be stored in the refrigerator until needed.