Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
Eileen Goltz |
- 18 Oreos, finely crushed
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 4 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened, divided
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted, slightly cooled
- ⅓ cup strained red raspberry preserves
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- In an electric mixer on medium speed beat 3 packages cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition until just blended. Blend in sour cream. Pour the mixture over the crust and set it aside.
- Beat 1 package cream cheese and 6 squares melted chocolate with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add the raspberry preserves; mix well.
- Drop rounded Tablespoonfuls of chocolate mixture over plain cream cheese mixture; do not swirl.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Melt remaining chocolate and whipping cream on low heat, stirring until smooth. Spread over cooled cheesecake.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with additional whipped cream, raspberries, and fresh mint leaves.