Chocolate Overdose Cookies
Eileen Goltz |
Pareve or Dairy
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ lb. (2 sticks) unsalted butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or parchment paper line cookie sheets.
- Chop the chocolate bar into small chunks, no larger than large chocolate chips, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cherries, chocolate chips and oats and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add sugars and beat the butter until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat the mixture until well combined, about a minute. Add the dry ingredients to the mixture and beat at low speed until well-combined, less than a minute. Add the cherry-chocolate chip-oats mixture, and then the chopped chocolate pieces and nuts. Using a sturdy wooden spoon, mix well by hand, until all the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies have set and are slightly flattened and light brown.
- Cool on sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.