Submitted by Ellie Godfreys age 12.
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup chocolate-flavored milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 slices bread
- Sifted powdered sugar (optional)
- Canned cherry pie filling (or other fruit)
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs well. Add the chocolate flavored milk and beat again until well-mixed. Pour egg mixture into a bowl.
- Put 1/2 of butter in skillet on medium high heat.
- Dip one slice of bread in egg mixture. Turn bread over to coat other side. Place in skillet and repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- Cook until the bottoms are brown. Turn over and continue cooking until both sides are brown. Remove bread from skillet.
- Put remaining butter in skillet and repeat.
- Serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and a dollop of cherry pie filling on top.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled.