Chocolate Bread for the Bread Machine
Eileen Goltz |
- Don’t bake this bread in the machine.
- This bread is great with chocolate butter (see below).
- 2½ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 cups bread flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup warm milk
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 oz. semisweet chocolate
- Add ingredients to machine in order listed.
- When dough is ready, remove, shape, let rise for 40 minutes or until doubled in size, and bake at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes.
Chocolate Butter for Chocolate Bread:
- Melt chocolate, set aside to cool.
- Cream butter, beat in cooled chocolate. Pour into 4 small ramekins and chill until firm.*
- * You may use butter molds-refrigerate for 20 minutes, then pop out and store in plastic bag. The chocolate spread is great with chocolate bread or with warm brioche or croissants.