Eileen Goltz |
Pareve or Dairy
- 10 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon very strong coffee
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate (or half milk, half semi-sweet), coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Melt the chocolate and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the brown sugar, white sugar, and butter until smooth. Add in the melted chocolate and mix well. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Fold in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and coffee. Fold in chocolate, pecans and cranberries.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop large balls of dough (about 2 inches in diameter) onto the prepared baking sheet (about 3 inches apart).
- Bake until just set (13 to 17 minutes). Cool well before removing from sheet.