Chili Burger with Corn Salsa
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1½ cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- ½ cup finely-chopped jicama
- ½ cup thick and chunky salsa
- ⅓ cup finely-chopped red onion
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- Prepare grill: heat until coals are ash white.
- Meanwhile, lightly mix ground beef, 2 Tablespoons green chilies and chili powder in medium bowl.
- Form into 4 (5-inch) oblong patties.
- Place patties on grill. Grill, turning once, until no longer pink in center (8 to 10 minutes). Meanwhile, prepare salsa.
- Stir together remaining green chilies, corn, jicama, salsa, onion, sugar and vinegar in medium bowl.
- To serve, place 1 burger in center of each tortilla; top with 1/4 cup salsa.
- Fold opposite edges of tortilla toward center over burger. Fold open end of tortilla toward opposite edge. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with remaining salsa.