Chickpea, Tuna and Onion Salad with Lemon Cream Dressing
Eileen Goltz |
- ¼ cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1½ Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 (6-oz.) can solid white tuna in springwater, drained
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (15 to 16-oz) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard and lemon peel and whisk to blend.
- Place the drained tuna in a large bowl and drizzle the lemon juice over it. Toss to coat.
- Add the garbanzo beans, onion, celery, tomatoes, parsley and yogurt dressing to bowl. Toss to blend.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead)