You can replace the plums with peaches, nectarines or apricots.
- ½ cup oil
- ⅓ cup apricot jam
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1½ Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1½ lbs. skinless, boneless chicken thighs, quartered
- 8 plums (about 2 lbs.)
- 1 red onion
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10 oz.) box plain instant couscous
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, jam, vinegar and soy sauce. Add the chicken and toss to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Transfer the marinated chicken to a bowl. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan, boil for 2 minutes, then let cool.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium.
- Quarter red onion lengthwise and halve crosswise; quarter plums lengthwise. Thread the chicken, plums, and onion onto 8 skewers.
- Grill the kebabs, turning occasionally and basting frequently with the marinade during the first 6 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Stir in the olive oil and then the couscous, cover, remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork, add the almonds and toss.
- Serve the couscous alongside the kebabs.