This is a great recipe for using up leftovers.
- 3 to 4 lbs. cooked chicken or turkey breast meat cut into strips or 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup orange juice*
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons potato starch
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 to 3 cups baby carrots
- 1½ cups cashew pieces
- In a bowl combine orange juice, potato starch and honey. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion and garlic and stir fry over medium high heat for 4 to 5 minutes until onion is crisp-tender. Add carrots and cover.
- Cook for 4 minutes longer until carrots are crisp tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken or turkey and orange juice mixture. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until turkey is heated and sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- Add cashews and serve.
* you may need to add more orange juice to the mixture if it’s too thick.